To do or not to do…to vaguely reference a famous poet who touched on so many deep, human questions. And speaking of deep questions, you’ve probably been wondering if you should hire a home automation professional, or just start setting up tech on your own.
Just a guess.
Both are possible, and could be good choices depending on your personal experience, knowledge, and budget.
Here are a few things to consider before you make your final decision.
Get Your Free Quote: 1-877-430-2674
DIY—Good With Tech/Save Some Money
Home automation is something that can easily be DIY. You can invest slowly over time, building up your system with new equipment as your budget allows. The downside of this is that all technology is evolving, which means you may or may not have certain pieces of equipment that work well together in a year or two.
That’s why, as far as home auto DIY goes, it’s probably only a good idea if you have a good grasp on technology and how it’s changing with homes and cars. You want to know how your house is going to thrive with home auto.
Here are some reasons you might want to DIY:
- You’re a professional, and you know what you’re doing
- You want to make it a learning experience and have time to research
- You’re good with technology
- You’re ahead of the curve with technology, and you know which pieces to invest in so it lasts you a long time
- You know what’s going to work best in your home according to your internet speed, router location, wall thickness, and equipment integration.
- You don’t mind handling equipment warranty issues
- You like trouble shooting your tech issues
- You may save money by doing the research and DIYing your home auto
- It’s totally possible to do a great job at home auto DIY. Just do your research to make sure you get the best equipment that lasts you the longest.
Professional—Save Time/More Options
There are a few different ways you can get professional help. You may only want a professional to help you install your system. You might want to rent the equipment from a home automation company instead of investing in equipment that may or may not be relevant in a few years. You also might want to take advantage of everything professional home automation offers, including a security company monitoring and protecting your property through alarms, security cameras, and emergency dialing.
Here are some good reasons to hire a home automation professional:
- You want the added security/protection that security companies offer with your home automation
- You don’t have the time, and you want someone who knows what they’re doing to set up
- You want a professional who is ahead of the curve, and who can recommend the best hub and integrated equipment for your home
- You want a professional who can tell you which equipment is going to work best in your home and install it for you
- You want warranties on your equipment and the labor involved
- You want to be able to call your professionals for any tech issues and trouble shooting
- You want someone to mentor you and train you in working your new equipment
- You may not want to invest in all the equipment yourself—maybe you just want to rent
- You may save money in the long run with equipment warranties, tech help, customization, and experienced professionals helping you install and invest from the get-go
Get Your Free Quote: 1-877-430-2674
What matters is that you are pleased with the results and know how to work your equipment. If that’s DIY for you after your research, then save some money installing it yourself. If a professional is the right way for you, then do your research to hire your best home automation expert.
Need a quote on home automation professionals near you? Let Home Professionals help you find the best deals and experts today.