With home security, you naturally ant quality and reliability. But good value is an important factor too. The cost of different alarm systems can add up over time, especially when you have a monthly monitoring enabled. But nowadays, peace of mind comes a lot cheaper and easier than it used to. In addition, home security usually includes the latest home automation technologies that weren’t available just five years ago.
There are a lot of home security systems out there, so our team has done research to find the top home security companies. We’ve taken a look at everything including features, customer service, reliability, pricing, customer reviews, and more to determine which system is the best value for you. Here are our top 3 favorites:
#1 Best Overall Value:
Frontpoint is suitable for 95% of households and the company is known for their outstanding customer service.
#2 Best Home Automation & Technology:
For those who need the best and want superior home automation and don’t mind paying for it.
#3 Most Affordable System:
A great value, easy-to-use, simple security system, with optional monthly fees and monitoring.
2018 – Top 10 Highest Ranked Home Security Systems
- Frontpoint – Great all-around home security and home automation system combined with unmatched customer service. When it comes to having a good experience with a security company, Frontpoint really stands out as the clear winner. Other security companies can’t even come close!
- Vivint – Superior home automation system, with a great range of mostly proprietary peripherals and accessories. Vivint’s technology and home automation options what makes Vivint great.
- SimpliSafe – Best home security protection for budget shoppers. If don’t want a contract, SimpliSafe may be the right option for you.
- ADT – Household brand that’s been around for over 100 years. Mixed feedback depending on which franchise you deal with, but going direct will get you the best experience. There’s also 140 years of experience backing the company, so you know it has been around long enough to know how to provide customers with what they want and need. Phone and email support are provided on a 24/7 basis.
- LiveWatch – Easy installation and competitive offer. There aren’t any termination fees if you decide at a later date that you don’t want to use this company anymore.
- Link Interactive – Good all-around security protection without the predesigned packages – make it your own!
- Armorax – Flexible and versatile with pay-as-you-go options. The DIY installation is easy, and the versatility of a truly customizable security system solution is worth noting.
- Nest Secure – Outstanding platform that is bound to grow with additional accessories and options that can be seamlessly integrated. Nest Secure makes our list of best home alarm systems partially due to all the neat gadgets that come along with it.
- Scout – Young and promising simple home security company.
- Protect America – Protect America is another one of the best home alarm systems, and definitely makes our list. Some of the perks of using this system include a rate that’s locked in for life and a lifetime equipment warranty.
Which security systems are available in your area? Sign up below to find out.