You’re a smart and responsible homeowner.
As you set yet another overly-expensive energy bill on the counter and contemplate whether to turn up or off the AC…ask yourself if you’d rather just tear up that bill for good and reduce your bills by switching to solar energy.
You may have heard of free solar panels (and who hasn’t at this point #FacebookAds). And of course you know they are not free…cause there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Free or “No Cost” solar usually refers to a Power Purchase program used by solar companies to make solar available to those who typically can’t afford it. But there are several different ways that you can get solar for little to no money down, get free installation, and a lower electric rate.
How To Find Out If You Qualify
The first step is to see if you qualify for some of the different programs out there. Sites like Solar Visit help you navigate your way to affordable solar energy. They are equipped to help you claim tax incentives and get connected to the very best solar professionals.
The U.S. government has launched a solar initiative which pays 30% of the cost to go solar if the homeowner buys the panels out right. While the remaining 70% of the cost might sound expensive, solar is actually more affordable than ever thanks to years of research and rising popularity. Buying the panels outright also means some of the biggest savings. In addition to federal incentives, most states have different rebates and tax incentives for going solar. Once you’ve received your estimate savings, you’ll realize that there are some pretty good incentives out there.
Remember the no cost program we talked about above? You may want to look at that option before considering any solar purchase.
Well that’s where working with your solar company comes in. Many solar companies are using state and federal solar incentives and tax rebates in order to install solar panels on homeowner’s roofs for free. The solar company loans you the panels and you agree to purchase the power from the solar company at a lower rate. They can afford it because of these incentives. You get solar panels put on your roof for no money down, then you basically make small monthly payments on the solar electricity you use from their system.
Usually these programs are called solar leasing or PPA (Power Purchase Agreement) program. And they allow qualifying homeowners to make switch to solar with little to no initial cost, reduce their electric rates, save thousands of dollars, and cut back on carbon emissions. That’s a deal we can all get excited about.
It is literally the best time to go solar because of these incentives, initiatives, and programs. Not only are solar panels more affordable in general, you can literally get them installed for little to no cost.
And of course this isn’t going to last forever.
The government can only support this initiative for a small period of time. And of course the utility companies aren’t crazy about the loss of business as more and more homeowners switch to solar.
Don’t let energy bills keep eating all your money.
We contacted the folks at Solar Visit to make it easier for homeowners to find more information about solar programs in their area. If you’re interested in finding out about the solar programs in your area, fill out the form below.