Mostly due to the solar tax incentive, free solar panel installation is actually true and probably available in your area.
There are three main ways to get solar panels in the U.S.–the PPA option, the lease option, and purchasing the panels outright.
When you hear the phrase “free solar panels,” you’re hearing about the PPA model.
The PPA (Power Purchase Agreement) program has made solar energy much more affordable for the average American family.
Essentially, through using government tax incentives, solar federal rebates, state incentives, and money from private investors, solar companies are able to afford to outfit American homes at no-cost to the homeowner.
So, yes, free installation.
But the cost would be a contract with the solar company to get your energy from them. Which isn’t too bad considering your energy bills would be greatly reduced and you don’t typically switch up energy companies anyways.
Solar companies provide this program so that more homeowners can easily access and use their tax incentive, and it builds their business at the same time.
Can you access these incentives?
Yes, of course. If a homeowner purchases solar energy panels themselves, then they will not only save more money every month on energy cost reduction, but they can also access all the same incentives and rebates.
However, the reason this still takes a lot more money upfront is because the federal solar tax incentive only reduces the cost of the solar array system by 30%. While that saves a typical homeowner around $9000, they still have to foot a pretty big bill at first.
You may simply want to support renewable, clean energy, reduce your carbon footprint, and just save thousands of dollars on their energy bills WITHOUT footing that solar bill, right?
Then the PPA program is an amazing option for you.
Pros of the solar PPA model:
- No upfront cost.
- Maintenance and repairs on the solar arrays. The solar company will ensure that the panels are always functioning their best and will finance any repairs that need to be made.
- No fixed monthly payment. If panels are producing less or not function as quoted by the company, the energy costs will be lowered until they are fixed.
- Lower energy bills than with coal-powered energy bills.
- Save money on energy monthly.
- Investment without investing anything.
- Clean, renewable energy–help yourself, your family, and the earth by reducing your carbon footprint.
See if there are PPA solar options in your area today!
Weigh out your solar options in your area. Get connected to completely free and no-commitment-necessary quotes. Simply use the Home Professionals quote finder located below.